An Introduction

I feel like I can't not blog this.

I am currently teaching at International High School in Lawrence, Massachusetts, as a recipient of the Sontag Prize in Urban Education. A bunch of people have wanted to know how this goes, and so I want to post some sort of record of it.

I have tried blogs before. I never stick with them, and I might not stick with this one. I feel like I owe it to myself and others, though, to at least dedicate some time and space to documenting what I am quickly learning is the most challenging, tiring, and worthwhile work I have ever done. If I keep writing after this, great. I'll keep writing. But, for now, this blog is about my teaching experiences in Lawrence and what I am learning about the art of teaching and the challenge of being a student here.

Comments

Popular Posts